Military Style Manuals

Subject: Military Style Manuals
From: "Thomas E. Potter" <TPotter243 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 19:28:06 -0500

Many of the problems we encounter as technical writers have been addressed
(perhaps not always to our satisfaction) by government agencies in their
effort to manage. Many specifications are available from the Government
Printing Office. They have outlets in most large cities, and catalogs are
available.

I heartily recommend MIL-M-38784, Manuals Technical, General Style and
Format, for your bookshelf if you will be involved with any type of
government documentation. This will give you a general idea of how government
documents are prepared. It will also reference other more specific documents.

Tom Potter
Houston, TX
TPotter243 -at- aol -dot- com