Re: Certification

Subject: Re: Certification
From: Marilynne Smith <mrsmith -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 08:40:00 PST

At 05:00 PM 12/21/95 -0500, David Ibbetson wrote:

While I agree with the whole of David's posting, I would like to comment on
part of it.

>Without the certification, would have no way of knowing
>whether a professional widgit-maker or whatever was competent.

I cannot believe that a certificate can prove competance. It would be more
like a degree, certifying that the person holds a certain body of
information. Competence is hard to prove without the performance to back it up.

Marilynne
Marilynne Smith
mrsmith -at- cts -dot- com