Data^Base, Database

Subject: Data^Base, Database
From: "Dimock, Dick" <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 15:45:00 PST

"asdxvlk" asked preferences:

I still use data base. What do some of you others prefer?

This DB corner of The Good Empire uses the database form.
Data Base was an earlier usage, in fact, we had product names
of Data Base Computer, and Data Base Software, left over from
the 1980's. The current usage is to contract the term and keep
the letters in the acronyms: Database System = DBS.

In all our voluminous TWery* on this product line, we use
"database".

Dick Dimock, keeping his referential integrity intact and
questing for the Primary Index at

AT&T GIS where TWing* arts culminate in
documenting new heights of
dbasery, in

El Segundo, CA The town that Chevron built and that
ATT GIS helps support in her
accustomed way of life. The
refinery looks to be at low production
today, a holiday phenomenon. The
eternal flame is invisible against the
golden blaze of the sunpath on the
blue Pacific.
*"Tee-Dub", as in Volkswagen's "Vee-Dub" suggested by
marks -at- tps -dot- com Write AWN, bro'!
(line feed for clarity and esthetics)
richard -dot- dimock -at- elsegundoca -dot- attgis -dot- com -dot-