Re[2]: Certification (long)

Subject: Re[2]: Certification (long)
From: Karen Kay <karenkay -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 12:26:58 -0800

Arlen wrote about certification:
>> Will it change things in the future? Yes, and probably make things
>> better.

>In your dreams. It'll make the field less attractive to get into, and by
>hindering the entry into the field from other areas, reduce the number of
>practioners. This reduction will not have any correlation to ability (meaning
>it will equally reduce both able and unable practioners of the craft).

Can you explain this further? When I was first thinking about changing
careers 3 years ago, I would have been grateful to have a test to
pass. Instead, I had to work on a lot of fronts, excluding writing,
and it took over a year and a half to find a job. I think
certification would have made the process of changing careers a lot
easier and a lot more focused.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com