Re: hobbies & interests on resumes

Subject: Re: hobbies & interests on resumes
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 09:50:12 PST

Sue Gallagher writes:

>Although I don't (currently) have a hobbies and interests section in
>my resume, I *do* put a lot of my personality into it -- and I too have
>a "like me or leave me" attitude about applying for a job. I've been
>called arrogant because of it (who, me??? ;-) ). I'm not saying that
>this approach *guarantees* job satisfaction, but it's one of the
>methods I use to filter out the companies where I know I won't fit in.

This all depends on how many responses you get to your resumes.
If you're getting so many requests for interviews that you
can't possibly satisfy all of them, then by all means change
your resume's focus to be more specifically targeted to the Job
of Your Dreams. But if the phone's not ringing off the hook,
your resume should be designed to maximize the number of interviews.

You always have the option of appalling people in person.

-- Robert

Robert Plamondon * President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139