Re: Certification

Subject: Re: Certification
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 12:36:11 0800

In <199512291553 -dot- HAA29759 -at- fun -dot- direct -dot- ca>, on 12/29/95 at 10:06 AM,
TRACY BOYINGTON <trlyboyi -at- GENESIS -dot- ODVTE -dot- STATE -dot- OK -dot- US> said:

>My present employer gave me a writing test before I was hired. We also test
>our contract writers. It's a very simple, basic test, but it does weed out
>the hopeless cases. Of course, you have to have a good writer to evaluate
>them!

That would be my greatest fear - to have such a test evaluated by someone
who doesn't know to from too from two.

>(That reminds me...when I was in college, I did a little research
>assignment/paper for a geography lab. My opening section duly listed my
>findings, which I explained in greater detail in the rest of the paper. The
>lab instructor {a grad assistant} marked this as redundant! I guess I could
>have just written that opening section...) :-)

Just following good writing structure. Funny... there was one English
teacher in my high school (the one I never had :) who always insisted that
things be done HIS way. Rather than allowing for the ambiguities of the
language, his methods and structures were written in stone and his students
were expected to adhere to them.

>"I think I did pretty well, considering I started out
>with nothing but a bunch of blank paper."
>-- Steve Martin

I love it! This should be a "tagline" on everything we write :-)

Your friend and mine,
Matt
---*** NOTE: Win95 Fixpack now available! ***---
See http://www.austin.ibm.com/pspinfo/drk95.html for more info!

Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Internet Direct,
or anyone else of sound mind from this planet or dimension!