Re: Ethics of Helping with Student Papers (summary-long)

Subject: Re: Ethics of Helping with Student Papers (summary-long)
From: andrew Dolan <anlan -at- PRAIRIENET -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 1995 03:32:04 GMT

As regards the propriety of helping a student with a
thesis or dissertation, my experience has been that
a number of faculty at the nearby University of
Illinois specifically instruct certain students to
get an editor. These students tend to be Asians
attending school in the United States. I have heard
from several of the students I have helped that their
advisors have accepted their dissertations for content
but returned the dissertations to the students for
editing by a third party.