Re: Re. "Darn lawyers"?

Subject: Re: Re. "Darn lawyers"?
From: "Marvin W. Miller" <Marvin_Miller -at- SEC -dot- SEL -dot- SONY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 08:05:22 -0800

Here is my favorite:

What's the difference between a lawyer on a Harley and a vacuum cleaner? The
vacuum has the dirt bag on the inside.

> I'm a bit behind in my digests, but it's still interesting to note
> that no one has yet criticized the phrase "damn lawyers" which
> appeared in a previous posting. Is this because no one's had a
> good experience with a lawyer? Are we being unprofessinal in
> blanketly condemning a sister profession(i.e., fellow technical
> writers, albeit extremely bad ones)?

> Here's my vote: "What's the difference between lawyers and
> laboratory rats? No one objects to performing painful, humiliating
> and potentially lethal experiments on lawyers."

> --Geoff Hart @8^{)}
> geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

> Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of our reports,
> it don't represent FERIC's opinion.

Marvin W. Miller
Supervisor, Technical Communications Group
Sony Systems Engineering Center - San Jose, CA
Ph 408-955-4251

Opinions expressed here probably differ from that of my
employer. If I ruffle your feathers, get mad at me - not Sony.