Re: Quote Marks -- can be misleading

Subject: Re: Quote Marks -- can be misleading
From: Dot James <dot -at- HPOEMB05 -dot- SJ -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 12:28:54 PST

>If anyone has a better "solution" to the problem of
>making everything totally explicit, let's hear it!

>Al Rubottom /\ tel: 619.535.9505, x1737
>aer -at- pcsi -dot- cirrus -dot- com /\ fax: 619.541.2260

I basically agree with Connie who suggested that a different font, a different
line, a different way of phrasing are good solutions. I'm not opposed to
changes but do recognize that punctuation changes very slowly -- for good
reasons, I think. It occurs to me that the potential for confusion over
punctuation is more likely when there are two rules being used rather than just
one. I reckon I'll stick to what has been considered appropriate for many years
and reformat the senstence when the occasion demands.

--
Dot James in San Jose, CA "The secret of happiness is not doing
dot -at- hpoemb05 -dot- sj -dot- hp -dot- com what one likes to do, but in liking