Re: a grand example

Subject: Re: a grand example
From: George Allaman <gallama -at- LOOKOUT -dot- ECTE -dot- USWC -dot- USWEST -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 10:59:07 -0700

On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, LaVonna Funkhouser wrote:

> ... of bad writing!

> When air entrainment is observed during mixing the 6x5 discharge
> pressure and flow fall off as the void fraction increases and if
> the conditions are right the critical void fraction is reached
> and the pump will almost completely loose prime.

My favorite comes not from technical writing but from an old Mensa contest
for the sentence ending in the greatest number of prepositions. I don't
remember the whole thing, but it was something like:

What did you bring the book I don't want to be read out of up for?

Can anybody top that?

|George Allaman | |
|Tech Writer | <clever, meaningful |
|Denver, Colorado | quip which somehow |
|Office (303) 624-1619 | summarizes my life |
|Home (303) 771-8060 | philosophy> |
|Alternate: georgea -at- csn -dot- net | |