Re: Copyright Info/.GFI's

Subject: Re: Copyright Info/.GFI's
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 10:59:35 -0800

At 8:42 AM 1/9/96, Tiffany Haley wrote:
>I have a few of questions:

>1. Does anyone know if Microsoft's Tip of the Day has copyright protection?
>My developers want to use that concept. If it does have copyright, can
>anyone suggest who to contact to get permission?

The last product I worked on at StarBase incorporated tip-of-the-day.
I *believe* that they purchased the rights to a third-party add-in
that provided the functionality, then we just wrote the tips in an
ASCII file. If you want contact info for StarBase, contact me offline
and I'll be happy to provide it.

>2. Does anyone out there work with .GIF images? We are looking for a few
>good images of mechanical parts. Anything...bolts, screws, electrical,
>plumbing, etc.

If you can get you hands on a copy of CorelDraw, they have lots of
mechanically-oriented clipart and an import utility that does .gif,
among lots of other formats.

Sue Gallagher
Expersoft Corporation
San Diego, CA