Re: e-mail

Subject: Re: e-mail
From: Tom Tadfor Little <tlittle -at- LANL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 13:42:58 -0700

Beverly Parks wrote:
> I just can't buy this excuse for not liking "email". For
> goodness sakes, there are a zillion *English* words that have
> multiple meanings, and you're worried about confusing "email"
> with a French word!

...not to mention the unlikely context in which a message
transmitted over a computer network might be confused with
enamel decoration painted on antique furniture.

Curious techwhirlers might like to read up on this question
in the copyediting-l style FAQ at

http://www.rt66.com/~telp/sfindex.htm

--
Tom Tadfor Little tlittle -at- lanl -dot- gov -or- telp -at- Rt66 -dot- com
technical writer/editor Los Alamos National Laboratory

Visit Telperion Productions on the web at
http://www.rt66.com/~telp/