Re: UNIX Screen Captures

Subject: Re: UNIX Screen Captures
From: "Matthew B. Hicks" <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 11:53:11 -0700

On Fri, 12 Jan 1996, Marvin W. Miller wrote:

> The trick is that you must have a word processor or page layout tool that will
> directly import Sun raster files. Framemaker does this very nicely.

Nonsense. Any of a variety of utilities and filters will convert raster
files to many other formats. XV is one such tool. The PBMplus utilities
are another. Yet another answer is to use a screen-capture utility that
allows you to save in formats other than rasters. As I recommended to
Steve, xgrab is such a utility. Xgrab allows you to save your screen
captures in several formats including XBM and PostScript. There's no need
to kludge it through a word processor.

-Matt Hicks
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu
Owner of the Dal-l Web pages: