Re[2]: Certification - Canadian Degrees

Subject: Re[2]: Certification - Canadian Degrees
From: "Khalil, Alexandria G." <akhalil -at- SUNGARD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 10:12:37 EST

Grant,

I got my first technical writing job as a result of having a degree
and passing a technical writing test. I got my current job because of
my work experience and my MS. I was hired at my present job during the
recession, the company had all sorts of people with various level of
experience applying for the job. My MS is in Library and Information
Science and during my studies I had taken such courses as Database
Management, and Systems Analysis. Having these types of courses under
my belt was a big help in a software company.

Alex

Subject: Re: Certification - Canadian Degrees
Author: grant -at- onyxgfx -dot- com at Internet
Date: 1/16/96 4:06 AM

I believe (but do not *know*) that UBC and Ryerson Polytechnic also
offer degrees.

Grant
(Who *does* have advanced degrees, and *knows* that they got him
interviews and jobs independent of his other qualifications.)

> Date: Fri, 12 Jan 96 23:00:03 -0700 (MST)
> From: Michael Priestley <mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
> Subject: Re: Certification - Who'll run it?
> To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L

> Larry Kunz (ldkunz -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com) wrote:
> >STC isn't pushing certification at all. Quite a few
> >of our members are, of course. And some of the most vocal of those
> >members are in Canada -- a country which lacks even a single degree
> >program in TechComm.

> University of Waterloo, in Ontario, Canada, provides a Bachelor's degree in
> Technical Communications.

> Michael Priestley
> mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
> Disclaimer: speaking on my own behalf, not IBM's.

Grant Hogarth, Information Developer Onyx Graphics Corp. Midvale, UT
www.onyxgfx.com ftp.onyxgfx.com
#include <std_disclaim>

Then he [Piglet] gave a very long sigh and said,
"I wish Pooh were here. It's so much more friendly with two."
--(Winnie-the-Pooh)