Sacramento job posting

Subject: Sacramento job posting
From: "Linda H. Schoenhoff" <lhs -at- UNIFY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 14:16:57 PST

Staff Technical Writer

Unify Corporation is a leading supplier of client/server, graphical OO
development tools for open systems and is at the forefront of
client/server technology with Unify VISION, our second-generation
client/server application development toolset. We are currently
seeking an experienced technical writer.

Unify's technical center is located in Sacramento, CA. This position
is based there.

Technical writers at Unify are involved in the development cycle at
an early stage and are responsible for understanding the functional
specification and creating professional, easy-to-read developer
documentation. Unify's products are sophisticated and comprehensive
and require solid documentation.

Our multivolume documentation set includes tutorials, procedure
guides, and complex programming reference manuals.

Requirements are:

Bachelor's degree
5 years software tech writing
2 years tech writing for developer audience
Desktop publishing expertise
Familiarity with the software life-cycle

Experience in any of the following is a plus:

UNIX
Windows
Online documentation
BS/CS with tech writing emphasis
DBMS

Unify Corporation has outstanding compensation and benefits. For
immediate consideration, send email to (ascii, postscript, or
word format):

sean -at- unify

or fax/mail your resume to:

Lisa Waddell