Re: $ per word - quantifying TW

Subject: Re: $ per word - quantifying TW
From: David Ibbetson <ibbetson -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 16:34:42 -0500

>>Bottom line: it's not fair to the writer or the employer to trade word for
>>dollars. Either one or the other feels they haven't got their money's worth
>>at the end of any day. It's never worked for me. Nor has flat
>>rate--especially with the amount of change orders I need to document.

When I used to quote for computer software I liked to use this extract from
standard UK building contracts: "All changes, including deletions, are
extras and will be charged for".

David Ibbetson Phone (416) 363-6692
ibbetson -at- idirect -dot- com Fax (416) 363-4987
133 Wilton Street, #506
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M5A 4A4