Re: Hi! What's a PDP-11? Anyone know?

Subject: Re: Hi! What's a PDP-11? Anyone know?
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 13:42:34 -0800

The other point I meant to respond to in my last posting was:

>They spawned a new paradigm in computers, that of
>"interactive computing."

I think CTSS at MIT predates the PDP line by several years, and so do some
commercial timesharing services. Kemeny and Kurtz developed BASIC c. 1965
for a timesharing system, not a minicomputer. I don't think they were
responding to a "new paradigm" spawned by minicomputers. ...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro