Re: PDP-11s

Subject: Re: PDP-11s
From: Barbara Hallnan <barbara -at- EJV -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 09:29:10 -0500

Folks,

Sorry, I haven't followed the whole thread on PDP-11s, so
someone might have mentioned this already...

My first _real_ tech writing job (I did tech writing
in graduate school as a GRA) was for (don't laugh)
Off Track Betting in NYC. OTB had PDP-11s. I was mostly
doing telecom writing, and didn't have alot of contact
with the PDP-ll crowd, but my best friend
on the job was a PDP-11 systems programmer, and he told
me that PDP stands for Pink and Dark Purple. The machines
were, in fact, those colors. The bottom 2/3 of the machines
were dark purple, and the top 1/3 was pink. I have NO
idea whether this is true. My friend was a Deadhead, so
it probably wasn't!

Anybody else ever hear of this?

Barbara Hallnan
barbara -at- ejv -dot- com