Re: Why We Need Good Software Manuals

Subject: Re: Why We Need Good Software Manuals
From: GINGER JONES <FFKB48A -at- PRODIGY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 09:48:08 EST

Caryn Rizell said:

<Our real task is not whether we should provide everything in a
manual or online, but determining what <topics the user even wants to
see explained."

Maybe I'm weird, but as a user I want it ALL explained. I don't want
one tidbit left out of my manual. What items would you leave out?
What is unimportant to one person, may be crucial to another.

And I agree with Jane Bergen--I *want* that manual so I can write all
over it. I have to admit I was a little taken aback when I opened my
MS Office 95 box and found one manual.

Ginger Jones
FFKB48A -at- prodigy -dot- com