Re: Re[2]: Framemaker

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Framemaker
From: WandaJane Phillips <wandajp -at- ANDYNE -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 18:56:46 -0500

Alexandria G. Khalil wrote:
> When I first began using FrameMaker I also hated it and found it
> difficult. It wouldn't do things the way I was used to doing them in
> other packages. However, when I began using it and learning Frame's
> language and technique I found it quite easy to use. My suggestion is
> that when you are learning to use Frame forget how things are done in
> other packages. Learn FrameMaker as if it were the first time you were
> using a dtp package for the first time. Follow Frame's manual to the
> letter and you will soon find that it is not difficult and nor
> backwards.and Kent Newton wrote
> >found it one of the most non-intuitive, backwards applications in the
> >world.

While I would NOT call myself a *Frame-lover*, I do concur with the
advice to forget all that came before and start fresh with Frame. I just
about cried myself to sleep while trying to learn Frame, but now I have
picked up the model and can work quite comfortably. I have even begun to
appreciate some of Frame's features, such as conditional text and
hypertext links in the ToC.
--
WandaJane Phillips
Senior Technical Writer -- Pablo