Re: What To Call the Next Decade

Subject: Re: What To Call the Next Decade
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 08:58:20 -0800

At 05:50 AM 1/28/96 +0000, you wrote:
>What do you call the decade from 1900 to 1909? I have
>posed this question to a number of tech writer friends of mine, and none
>of them have been able to offer a satisfactory answer. Because we are
>sneaking up on a new decade that poses this same problem (2000 to 2009),
>perhaps some of you have thought about it. Any suggestions?

I remember my grandparents referring to these years (in 1900, of course), as
"aught something." My grandfather would say: "I remember one night back in
'06 (read: aught six) when it was so cold that we found the dog frozen to a
fire hydrant."

Seriously, this same convention could work again.

Regards...Kris