Job Offer US-CA-Oakland Tec

Subject: Job Offer US-CA-Oakland Tec
From: Michael Lessin <michael_lessin -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 11:50:00 U

Subject: Time:11:42 AM
OFFICE MEMO Job Offer US-CA-Oakland Technical... Date:1/30/96

Position: Technical Writer
Experience: 2+ years (end-user software preferred)
Degree: BA/BS degree
Skills: FrameMaker, Word (Mac, UNIX desirable)
Location: Oakland, CA
Start: Winter 1996 (Feb. pref.)
Pay Rate: Initial range US$40-50k plus profit sharing, but DOE

Job Description:
This highly self-motivated problem solver is expected to research,
write, and design high-quality, end-user software documentation. The
candidate must be able to work as part of a team, to manage time and
resources effectively, and to juggle multiple projects and change
direction on short notice. The person will join two existing Technical
Writers to complete the department.

As the lead writer on a new product, the candidate will be given a
ground-floor opportunity to create new documentation from scratch.
The candidate must learn about our new Oracle-based client/server
database product for controlling administrative and operational
functions at modern container terminals. After completing the initial
phase of printed manuals (an adminstrator's guide and series of user's
manuals), we will be considering additional knowledge transfer
methods including on-line documentation, on-line help, and
interactive training materials.

Qualifications:
The position requires the following:
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent interviewing and research skills
- Min. 2 years experience on end-user documentation (s/w pref.)
- Mac DTP experience (FrameMaker and Word pref.)
- 4-year degree or exp. in computers, engineering, or journalism

Experience in the following would be ideal:
- Oracle product documentation
- UNIX
- Project scheduling and tracking
- Indexing technical documents
- Illustration editing of line art and screen shots
- Document design and lay out
- On-line help or multimedia projects
- Useability testing
- Knowledge of container terminal operations
- Fluency in a foreign language

Company Description:
Navis Corporation is the world leader in creating software solutions for
the container shipping industry. Navis is renown as the technology
trend setter and we are growing with the free trade boom!

Join a team of experts that develop and install mission critical software
support systems at port locations around the globe.

To come aboard and receive excellent salary plus bonus potential,
comprehensive benefits, and flexible work schedules, send a cover
letter and resume to:

Navis Corporation
Michael Lessin
1616 Franklin Street