Re: cross-platform help viewers

Subject: Re: cross-platform help viewers
From: CARYN_RIZELL -at- HP-ROSEVILLE-OM2 -dot- OM -dot- HP -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 11:54:34 -0800

Item Subject: cross-platform help viewers
Debbi:

Our group has decided to use HyperHelp. There were a lot of neat
features in it. It has only one charge for the viewer so you don't
have to charge the customer for the viewer. We didn't evaluage
Acrobat, but it seemed to fit more with a book mentality than online,
which is what we mostly produce.

Hope that helps.

Caryn Rizell
Hewlett-Packard
Roseville

Subject: cross-platform help viewers
Author: Non-HP-TECHWR-L (TECHWR-L -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu) at HP-Roseville,shargw3
Date: 1/30/96 4:18 AM

I have evaluated 3 help viewers: FrameViewer, Hyperhelp, and Acrobat. I
would like to know what companies are using these viewers. This is
important so that I can provide this information to management and so
that we don't do anything too drastically different than other software
developers are doing now. I prefer FrameViewer because we can do so much
customizing with it, but because of it's cost and the fact that we want
to be unique yet not too far off the main stream we need this
information.

Any info would be appreciated.

Debbi L.