Re: Engineers Inside Documentation Group

Subject: Re: Engineers Inside Documentation Group
From: "Bernard A. McCann" <bi975 -at- FREENET -dot- CARLETON -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 18:27:48 GMT

Judith Hammeran (judith -at- macsch -dot- com) writes:
> Hello, Techwhirlers!

> I've been asked (as part of a reorganization my department is currently
> undergoing) to explore ways in which a documentation department can use an
> engineer on its staff. I know that quality validation is one topic that has
> been discussed on the list recently, and that's certainly a job an engineer
> working for a documentation department could do.

> Does anyone have other ideas?

> Thanks,

> Judith Hammeran
> The MacNeal-Schwendler Corp.
> judith -dot- hammeran -at- macsch -dot- com

Hi Judith!

I'm curious - Does your documentation dept. have any engineering writers
already? If not, then that's probably what your senior managers are trying
to tell you ;-) If you have engineers (or technologists) already,
perhaps you would benefit by doing your own validation and verification.

There's nothing like an engineer with no technical communication training
to mess up your project!

Bernie (engineer & tech. communicator) ;-)

--
_/
_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ "Caesar had perished from the world of men