Re: Online discovery!

Subject: Re: Online discovery!
From: ROMAY SITZE <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 17:18:00 -0700

On Tue, 30 Jan 1996, Jane Bergen wrote:

> When I installed Microsoft Office I did the full install....or so I
> thought. Today at work, we were working on PowerPoint presentations
> when I noticed that one person had a whole bunch of clip art that I
> didn't.....(stuff deleted)

> Maybe Microsoft mentioned this during the installation but I sure
> did not see it. I made a similar discovery on the PageMaker CD today,
> also....

I don't recall anything in the installation program that indicated these
added goodies. I have found references to using the Custom Install
function rather than the Full Install to access additional material not
regularly included in the program itself.

Jane is right when she says it will pay to snoop a bit, as many of the
CDROM installations offer such bonuses.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu