Re: Help w/TW skills

Subject: Re: Help w/TW skills
From: Mercedes Abels <maa5906 -at- GRIFFON -dot- MWSC -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 09:53:54 -0600

One of the most helpful exercises we went through in our classes
involved writing a text for the following classes. Each student was to
present two case studies, with an explanation of the situation, the
problems(s) needing to be solved and a list of questions/assignments for
the reader of the case study. When the semester was over, the case
studies were organized into a reader text and used in the class for the
next beginning class. The students had a part in writing a text book and
it was a very good exercise for us to see how to organize the case study
and how to effectively process the information into a usable product.
Each semester, new case studies are added to the reader and some are
dropped off. Students are required to use the reader in their beginning
TW class. That and the required internship were the two most helpful
projects I've encountered in my studies so far.

Marci Abels