Image formats for tech. comms.

Subject: Image formats for tech. comms.
From: Richard Foley <richard -at- INGLE -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 20:38:04 +0000

In my experience as a technical (and other) illustrator, I have found the
EPS or Encapsulated PostScript format to be most suitable for the majority
of my clients. They use it with Quark, or PageMaker etc. for manual
production, whether they are on a Mac or a IBMpc. I've had some trouble
with alternative formats and would appreciate any other experiences or
pointers.

Do the people on this list (as authors or other) have an opinion on a
prefered image format? I notice Frame used a lot, is there a 'best' format
for use with this program here?
EPS, DXF, IGES, TIFF, other?

I'd be interested in any comments, post or email.

TIA
Richard

Richard Foley, RFI Ingleton, UK rfi -at- rfitech -dot- com
Maintainer of the Technical Illustration FAQ; "Techill-FAQ"
http://rfitech.com/index.html