Re: Need DTP recommendations

Subject: Re: Need DTP recommendations
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH2 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 08:05:29 MST

I recommend Microsoft Publisher. At $99, it will give your
colleague the most bang for his buck. The largest document I've
produced with it was right at 100 pages. This document contained
some graphics, but was not what I would call graphics intensive.
The latest non-Windows 95 version is 2.0, but MS has released a
Windows 95 version that is very nice. The Win95 version is the
one I am now using. The 100-page document I mentioned was done
in version 2.0.

I notice several people are recommending MS Word. I assume they
are recommending a word processing package over a DTP package
because they don't have experience with low- and mid-range DTP
software. For any modest size DTP project, I would never
recommend a word processor over competent DTP software.

Bev
=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh2 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "I am not speaking for my employer." =*=