Need suggestions

Subject: Need suggestions
From: Emily Skarzenski <eskarzenski -at- DTTUS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 13:40:11 CST

Hi, whirlers.

I'm the managing editor for the STC Philadelphia Metro chapter's
newsletter. I need suggestions of books and software for upcoming
reviews.

Can you recommend a book or software package that might complement
either of these themes?:

-- Managing Your Career. This covers advice for keeping your
skills current and marketable; directions within the broad field
of tech writing into which a "bored" tech writer could move;
resume tips (ASCII, keyword scanning); new high-tech ways to look
for a job; etc.

-- Independent Consulting/Contracting. This covers all the
concerns of a freelancer: marketing yourself;
pricing/productivity/profitability; contracts; business plans;
etc.

Don't worry -- I won't ask you to write the reviews!

Please don't send me the book lists circulated on this list; I already
have them. Also, please tell me why you like a book or software
package you recommend (to help me decide how relevant they are to the
themes).

Thanks for your help. I'll post a summary of responses to the list.

Emily Skarzenski
Deloitte & Touche/ICS
Chadds Ford, PA "We'll burn that bridge when we get to it."
eskarzenski -at- dttus -dot- com