Re: Re. Ghostwriting

Subject: Re: Re. Ghostwriting
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 08:36:14 -0600

At 01:23 PM 2/8/96 -0600,> --Geoff Hart @8^{)} wrote:
> K.D. Fisher asked for advice about ghostwriting.
<snip of good advice>
> Ask for one more
> thing if you can get it: a signed letter from the editor
> accompanied by a photocopy of the article that gives you
> permission to use the article as a sample of your writing. <snip>
> You may not
> get this letter, since it might prove inconvenient in some
> cases if the truth of the authorship leaks out, but it's
> worth a try.

I'm not an independent contractor, but my company ghostwrites for
our main client often. It's been our experience that journal
editors are used to working with ghostwriters, and they welcome
correspondence with the actual author. (They'll probably gladly
send you their style guide if you ask.) Getting that letter might
not be so hard after all.

LaVonna
LaVonna F. Funkhouser, COREComm
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com (work)
You are invited to browse our web site: http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/
My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.