Re: Request for change

Subject: Re: Request for change
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH2 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 14:50:07 MST

Karen Kay <karenkay -at- cadence -dot- com> wrote-->
> Tom Tadfor Little said:
>>(Or run a moderated, invitation-only list for the five or six people
>>who think writing is off-topic on a writing list)

> Why don't you run your own list, Tom? Too much trouble? Takes too much
> of your time? You don't have the resources? Hmmmmmm... Kinda makes you
> think, doesn't it??? Or it should.

I'm interpreting here, but I think what Tom was getting at is
that Eric seems to be attempting to moderate the list anyway by
pulling tighter and tighter the noose around the neck of
acceptable topics, even though techwr-l is supposedly an
unmoderated list.

<snipped more than I meant to here, but the gist remains>
> that Eric isn't doing things the way that you would if you're not
> willing to do them at all.

Eric invited comments to his request for change, and that's what
he's getting.

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh2 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "I am not speaking for my employer." =*=