Re: FW: The Death of RTF

Subject: Re: FW: The Death of RTF
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 15:24:00 -0600

For all fellow webheads out there, this was the sentence that made our knees
quake:

The new scheme will assume HTML3 standards, but Microsoft will
supply some proprietary functionality to accommodate the context-
sensitive environment.

Not content to make sure desktop computers can't communicate, now MS wants to
make sure no web browser but theirs will read their version of HTML!

It's bad enough that NetScape has been defining non-standard HTML tags. Anyone
have any good ideas on how to handle the confusion once everyone starts
extending HTML in different directions?

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124