Re: Terms for Software Configuration?

Subject: Re: Terms for Software Configuration?
From: FB -at- POINTDUBLIN -dot- CCMAIL -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 04:44:12 EST

What about maintenance?

The scale of the maintenance varies from site to site, but whatever
the tasks are (big or small, frequent or infrequent), they're needed
to maintain the system in a properly configured and <one hopes!>
smoothly operating state.

Fionnuala Broughan
fb -at- pointdublin -dot- ccmail -dot- compuserve -dot- com

Subject: Terms for Software Configuration?
Author: INTERNET:slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au at CSERVE
Date: 12y02y96 10:09

<snip>

All of our software needs some configuration to start with. After that,
some is used a lot by people but rarely configured, some is used a lot and
re-configured a lot, and some just ticks over in the background, occasion-
ally being tuned or reconfigured but not really being 'used' by a person.
It's those little configuration steps *after* the initial configuration
that have me stumped. What would you call it?

Thanks if you made it this far.
---
Stuart Burnfield (slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au) On the fast track to ataraxia