Re. Techwr-l only for writers?

Subject: Re. Techwr-l only for writers?
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 16:16:30 -0600

Bev Parks properly chides me for an injudicious suggestion
that we take grammatical questions to the copyediting list.
A few comments:

1. I didn't mean that grammar is inappropriate here, but
it's certainly more appropriate on the editing list. If
you've got many grammar questions, you should go there
instead; if you post only occasional questions, I don't see
any large problems posting them here.

2. As Bev noted, we copyeditors are even more verbose than
we techwhirlers. Be prepared to be flooded if you don't
select digest mode.

3. You can't post to copyediting without being a member (an
anti-spamming measure). You may find it too awkward to
justify the effort if you must subscribe just to answer a
few questions, wait until you get responses, then
unsubscribe again.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of our
reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.