liablility

Subject: liablility
From: Greg Cento <greg -at- FOCUS-SYSTEMS -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 13:47:39 -0400

Hi gang,

I'm not sure if this topics already been covered. If it has, perhaps
someone has an archive and can send it to me directly.

The questions concerns liability. Occasionally, I do a little work "on the
side" for clients that I had before I became full-time at my current place
of employment. The powers that be know about this, and as long as I get
their stuff done first, it isn't really a problem.

Anyway, I've been asked to write and produce a corporate portfolio for a
high tech company in the environmental field. The content should be fairly
standard. My question: are there any issues of liability I should be
concerned about in the writing of this marketing material? I'm not writing
procedures for any of their technology, but I will likely make some claims
about that technology, as well as the people and what they can accomplish.
I can't think of anything that I should be worried about, but I thought I
ought to bounce it off you all to get a few more opinions.

Looking forward to your opinions,

Greg Cento
greg -at- focus-systems -dot- on -dot- ca
Focus Automation Systems Inc.