Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 17 Feb 1996 to 18 Feb 1996

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 17 Feb 1996 to 18 Feb 1996
From: Patrick McCarthy <PTM123 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 10:47:04 -0500

2/19/96

Dear Writers,

I agree with the individual who says that engineers cannot simply
walk into a technical writing position with no more than English Comp
101
and the belief that tech writing is simple.

I have seen enough junk written by such individuals. In the consulting
end of
tech pubs, I believe that no one takes you seriously (pays decent
bucks) until
you have between 8-10 years experience.

Regards,

Patrick McCarthy