NON-TECHNICAL TYPES

Subject: NON-TECHNICAL TYPES
From: Jane Allison <jla -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 11:43:31 EST

I am a newcomer to the list & have been intrigued by the recent techie vs. non-
techie discussion. I have a degree in Science Writing and Journalism & would l
ove to break into technical writing -- but all of the ads I see stress experien
ce in software documentation, familiarity with C code, etc. What's the best wa
y for a good writer with an interest (but not necessarily experience) in techni
cal subjects to get started? Are there good seminars or short courses that wil
l give me some experience? Any in the Philadelphia area? I'm currently a prop
osal writer in the computer maintenance industry, but I don't know how long thi
s job will last. Thanks for your help. jla -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com