Re. Incomprehensible to us or the reader?

Subject: Re. Incomprehensible to us or the reader?
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 11:08:11 -0600

Lavonna Funkhouser made an important point: don't accept
the author's assurance that a sentence will make sense to
the audience even if it doesn't make sense to you. I've
heard that lots of times, and it usually doesn't wash. If
you can't understand it, try to find out why: if the reason
is that you don't know anything about quantum mechanics,
for example, find someone who does and ask them if the
sentence makes sense.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of our
reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.