mail delivery error

Subject: mail delivery error
From: Network Mailer <MAILER -at- VM1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu>
From: Brett -dot- Peruzzi -at- FDC-INVEST -dot- COM
To: jlcampbell -at- ccgate -dot- dp -dot- beckman -dot- com
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 96 17:57:24 CST
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 14:06:13 -0500

A Boston-area contract firm recently sent a direct mail letter to prospective
freelancers claiming that they had a freelancer subcontracting from them who
made $183,000 in 1995! They even included a photocopy of the person's 1099
(without any identifying information) to support their claim.

This tops even what Peter Kent said the highest-paid techwhirlers made.

BTW, they don't mention the hourly rate or number of hours worked, but my guess
is this person did little other than techwhirl and sleep during 1995.

Has anybody else heard of such income claims for contractors?

Brett Peruzzi
First Data Investor Services
Brett -dot- Peruzzi -at- fdc-invest -dot- com

****Speaking only for myself****