Re: "See" and "Utilize"

Subject: Re: "See" and "Utilize"
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 13:10:09 +0800

As we speak, Nancy Hayes <nancyh -at- PMAFIRE -dot- INEL -dot- GOV> is being forced to use
constructions like:

> 4.1.5 GO TO procedure XYZ, and load out gadget ABC,
> THEN RETURN TO step 4.1.6

> 4.1.6 GO TO procedure XYZ, and load out gadget FGH
> WITHOUT RETURNING TO this step.

> 4.1.6 IF transferring equipment from A to B cell,
> THEN GO TO procedure XYZ and load out gadget ABC,
> THEN RETURN TO step 4.1.7.

Why do I get the feeling that this style guide was the brainchild of a
1960s-era programmer?

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield "I'd be careful if I were you. He's armed
(slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au) and appears to be in a subjunctive mood."