Re: STC Elections

Subject: Re: STC Elections
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 20:53:38 -0800

>I've read the candidate statements for the STC second VP election. Each
>of the candidates -- Binion Amerson, Lance Gelein, and Larry Kunz --
>has good things to say, so how do I choose?

You can try watching the video of Jo Ann Hackos interviewing the candidates.
STC has offered it to all chapter presidents.

I held a viewing at my home a week or so ago. We watched the video and
discussed it. All of us had a special reason to prejudice us in favor of one
particular candidate. Nonetheless, it was a different candidate whom we
unanimously judged to have given the best answers to the questions.

If you are in STC and are serious about the profession of technical
communication, you owe it to yourself and to the rest of us to inform
yourself thoroughly about these three candidates and to vote. ...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro