Re: STC Elections

Subject: Re: STC Elections
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 14:53:36 -0600

Helen and all:

Please note that campaigning for STC elections is now considered permissible.

Binion Amerson distributed this message to Region 5 leaders on 2/14/96:

* Candidate Campaigning. STC President Saul Carliner--in consultation
with JoAnn Hackos (1995-96 Nominating Committee Manager), Liz Babcock
(1996-97 Nominating Committee Manager), Jody Heiken, Donna Sakson, and Bill
Stolgitis--has ruled that active campaigning is permissible by the
candidates.

You are correct to note that STC election discussions could
quickly overrun techwr-l if we simply open it up to active debate. When
someone asks a question concerning the election, however, we should not
be afraid to voice an opinion.

Regards,
LaVonna
past pres, OK chapter STC

At 02:03 PM 2/28/96 -0500, Helen wrote:
>I hope this is not the start of a trend. In my humble opinion, I do not
>believe discussing the STC elections, and any endorsements is appropriate
>to this forum.

>Helen Hegelheimer
>hxh -at- formtek -dot- com
LaVonna F. Funkhouser, COREComm
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com (work)
You are invited to browse our web site: http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/
My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.