Re: Quick Survey

Subject: Re: Quick Survey
From: Marti Parks <mparks -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 10:46:00 PST

Here are my answers. Good luck,
Marti
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: Quick Survey
Date: Monday, April 01, 1996 10:30AM

Hello Everyone,
As students at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, we are
researching whether a need for an on-line certificate program in WWW
technology exists. Both of us have communicated with some of you before and
you have been very helpful. We now request that you fill out the following
survey which will constitute a big part of our research. It would probably
be easiest if you reply to this message then edit it by typing in your
Christine Cabral and Julie
Conforti

Please place an asterisk (*) in front of the answer you choose.

1. Age:
21-24
25-35
* 35-45
45-55
55+

2. Gender:
Male
* Female

3. Area of academic major or interest:
No Response
Anthropology
Other Social/Behavioral Sciences
Natural/Physical Sciences
Liberal Arts/Humanities
Engineering/Computer Science/Architecture
Business Administration
* Other (Journalism)
None

5. What best describes your employment?
* Working Full Time
Working Part Time
Student
Homemaker
Unemployed
Retired

6. What system software do you use?
* Windows 3.x
Windows 95
Windows NT
Macintosh System 7.x
OS/2/Warp
UNIX based shell on a PC
UNIX based shell on an employer's workstation
Other

7. Where do you use your computer most?
Work
* A combination of home and work
School
Other (please list)

8. How would you describe your level of computer knowledge?
Beginner
Intermediate
11. How long have you been using computers?
0-6 months
7 to 18 months
2-3 years
3-7 years
7-10 years
* More than ten years

9. On average, how many hours a day do you use a computer?
1-3
4-6
* 6 or more

10. What browser do you currently use to access the World Wide Web
(WWW)?
MS WebExplorer
* Netscape
Mosaic
AOL browser
Other

Please answer the following questions by typing in your response below the
question.

1. What is your occupation or profession?
Senior Technical Writer

2. Have you ever taken an on-line course before?
No

3. Would you like to take on-line course in WWW technology (i.e. creating
web pages, learning how to write for the web, etc.)?
Yes (creating Web pages is what I'm most interested in).

4. Would you want to earn credit for these courses?
Maybe. Depends on the credentials I would need to use the class to
obtain work.

5. Would working toward earning a non-credit on-line certificate in WWW
technology (composed of approximately 4-6 six week courses) be beneficial to
you? Please explain why or why not.

A certificate program would be helpful if I were able to use the certificate
to convince potential employers that I could design Web pages for them. If a
noncredit certificate program would be recognized by these employers, then I
would definitely complete it.

Thank you!