Flowchart Results & Visio Info

Subject: Flowchart Results & Visio Info
From: Alexander Adrian Szczepaniak <szczeaa -at- ANUBIS -dot- NETWORK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 11:15:40 CDT"

Hi Everyone:

It's a bit belated, but I have the flowcharting advice (that I requested)
compiled.

Visio seems to be the winner. Everywhere (online and face-to-face) people seem
to reccomend Visio on the PC platform. It allows easy export as a TIF or EPS
(and just about all major format). It has numerous other features that I will
not describe for brevity's sake. (I will add that because visio supports TIF
and all current versions of Frame support TIF, and Word has free filters for
TIF, this makes Visio ideal for Frame-Word work.)

A few writers mentioned ABC Flow and some rare high-end engineering tools and
idea assosci atiion tools.

I recieved no information on the Unix side. That makes me sad. I recieved no
info on the Mac side, but I didn't ask (years from now I'll be telling my
children when they find a powermac in the dumpster at the thrift store that the
Mac WAS like the Slant 6 engine--of course they'll ask what a slant 6 engine
was, and then i'll find real old and Bill Gates will be world emperor anyhow).

Finally thanks... Thom Remington, Steve Evanina, Charles Good and others

I misplaced a name or two, but gratitude is the same. -- Alex Szczepaniak