Re: YOUR FAVORIATE HTML EDITOR

Subject: Re: YOUR FAVORIATE HTML EDITOR
From: Yvonne DeGraw <yvonne -at- SILCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 09:07:18 -0800

SUZANNE PYLE <comline -at- STAR -dot- NET> asks:

>For a while there was the debate over HTML versus Adobe Acrobat. For those
>of us who heartily agree that HTML is the open road to online documents,
>what editor do you use or would recommend?

One of the best (but least publicized) is GNNpress -- available for free
from http://www.tools.gnn.com/. This tool was previously called NaviPress.
It handles tables, which many other authoring tools don't. It's very easy
to use -- assumes no knowledge of HTML.

If you have access to a GNNserver, you can save your pages directly to the
server. If not, there is a trick for using "Save As" to an ftp location
rather than having to use separate ftp software to publish your pages to a
server.

(Disclaimer: They are part of AOL and one of my clients.)

Yvonne DeGraw, Technical Services o Web Authoring
yvonne -at- silcom -dot- com o Technical Writing
http://www.silcom.com/~yvonne/ o Database Design and Publishing
Tel: 805/683-5784 o User-Interface Design
(Check out my "NanoTheater": http://www.di.com/Theater/Main.html)