Converting Word 2 help files to Word 6 help files

Subject: Converting Word 2 help files to Word 6 help files
From: Candace Bamber <kingfish!bamberc -at- SX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 11:36:00 -0500

Hello -

To everyone who offered advice about how to update winhelp files originally
made in word 2 to word 6 - thanks for taking the time to reply and for your
advice.

The basic answer to my problem was that an .rtf file is an .rtf file,
regardless of which version of Word created it.

Unfortunately, we couldn't get the Word 6 .rtf files to compile. (The fact
that we couldn't make this work is no reflection on the goodwill and good
advice of the many people who offered assistance!!)

No-one here has ever used WinHelp, so we don't pretend to have a clue what's
going on. We didn't create the help and have no idea who did, or what they
did. (We're doing a new release of a product and looking to upgrade the help
to go with it.) Finally, we just decided to bite the bullet and move the
help over to our usual help tool, Assistware (A great product by the way -
I'd be glad to gush about it off-list if anybody cares.)

So thanks again - I appreciated the help.

Candace

Candace Bamber
bamberc -at- SX -dot- com
Documentation and Training Group
Systems Xcellence
555 Industrial Drive
Milton Ontario

Whatever you can do or dream, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and
magic in it.