Ergonomics re CTS

Subject: Ergonomics re CTS
From: "Wollt, Richard C RV" <rcw1 -at- PO9 -dot- RV -dot- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 08:42:00 CST

Sue said,
"The typing surface should be 21 to 22 inches above the floor. This
height should allow you to sit straight, with your feet flat on the
floor, and to hang your arms straight down from your shoulders and
bend 'em 90 degrees at the elbow to reach the keyboard. Also, make
sure that the back of the thigh immediately above the knee is slightly
higher than the chair seat to avoid circulatory problems in your
legs. When you are looking straight ahead, your eyes should be
looking at the center of the monitor screen."

Must be major personal differences in best height. When I sit in that
position, the top of my leg is 23.5 to 24 inches from the floor. Very
difficult to use a keyboard that is mounted 2 in. lower. Also, the
suggested monitor height is very hard on bifocal wearers.

Richard Wollt
rcw1 -at- rsvl -dot- unisys -dot- com