Re: Need Word-to-Frame and VISIO estimation help

Subject: Re: Need Word-to-Frame and VISIO estimation help
From: Janet Valade <jvalade -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 17:53:54 -0800

>I have a client with a set of five manuals in Word. Many of the diagrams
>were created in VISIO (whatever that is) and cut-and-pasted into the Word
>documents.

Visio is a nifty little package for creating org charts, flowcharts,
facility plans, network diagrams, etc. I am currently using it to draw
some flowcharts which I put into my Word document using "insert object".
(If anyone knows that I am doing something foolish, please feel free to
warn me.)

>I'd appreciate advice about the difficulties of Word-to-FrameMaker
>conversion, and I'd especially like to know more about VISIO -- in
>particular, what FrameMaker-friendly output formats I can use with it.

Looking in the Visio software, I find the following file types are
available when exporting pictures: ai, dxf, cgm, eps, pct, bmp, tif, wmf,
pcx.

Janet
jvalade -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com