Hotmetal Pro 3.0 upgrade ad promotes vaporware!

Subject: Hotmetal Pro 3.0 upgrade ad promotes vaporware!
From: Phil Block <pblock -at- EXECPC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 22:38:06 GMT

Greetings Whirlers,

After lurking for quite some time, I decided to emerge to share a
disappointing experience I had today. Caveat emptor.

SoftQuad's new ad in PC Magazine (4/23/96 issue) implies availability
of an upgrade to Hotmetal Pro. As a registered owner of this software,
I was excited, to say the least. Hotmetal Pro v2.0 is hobbled by lack
of support for Netscape frames and Java tags. The ad states that the
upgrade version will include these features, and more.

When I called to order my upgrade, I found out that the product will
not be released until the end of May. The ad leads you to believe that
you can get the upgrade now. It even states "Call 1-800-387-2777 to
order. (for upgrades only)."

I prefer Hotmetal as my HTML editor, and even plug it on my home page.
I hope other Hotmetal users won't be misled by this ad, as I was.

Phil Block
Sr. Technical Communications Analyst
Compuware Corp.