Re: PhD programs in technical communication

Subject: Re: PhD programs in technical communication
From: Carolyn Rude <ditcr -at- TTACS -dot- TTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 14:36:25 -0500

Nancy,
In addition to the PhD programs you mentioned, there are PhD programs in
technical communication at Texas Tech University, Iowa State, Michigan
Tech, New Mexico State University, the University of Minnesota, and Purdue.

You can find the Web page links to several of these programs through the
ATTW web site at http://english.ttu.edu/ATTW/
ATTW is Association of Teachers of Technical Writing.

Carolyn

>I am interested in knowing about PhD programs in technical
>communication. I am aware of some of them. RPI, Carnegie Mellon,
>Drexel, and Oklahoma State, but that's it. Anyone know of any other programs?

>I've received a listing from STC, but it doesn't specify degrees
>offered. The STC Web page containing this information is a mess.

>Also, if you've attended and received a PhD from any of these
>programs I'd like to hear from you about your experience.

>Many thanks in advance,
>Nancy Hoft

Carolyn Rude
ditcr -at- ttacs -dot- ttu -dot- edu
Department of English, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX 79409-3091
phone 806-742-2517; fax 806-742-0989
English Department WWW Home Page: http://english.ttu.edu/